Gallery 9 respects your privacy. This policy sets out important information about how we use your personal data, so please read it carefully.
We will ask you to provide certain personal data when you buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or competition, create an account, or use our website at www.gallery9.ie (the "Site").
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2000 (the Act), the data controller Gallery 9, 2 Poplar House, Sallins Road, Naas, Co. Kildare.
What do we use your data for?
We use your personal data to:
- Fulfil orders and provide service information - we gather from you information about your product selection, your name, delivery address, your payment information and any further information needed to fulfil your order (such as any special delivery instructions). The information on your order is mandatory because without it we will be unable to fulfil your order.
- Process Returns and address complaints and queries - where you return a product or make a query or complaint, we will keep the information you give us to ensure that we comply with our contractual and regulatory requirements, to ensure appropriate further communication with you, and to improve our products and services.
- Communicate product offers, events and competitions - we will use contact details you have given us, along with any information you have given us about your gender or age, and information about your previous orders to send you information about our products, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you.
- Update our records - we will periodically check that the personal data we store for the purpose of communicating with you is accurate.
- Legal purposes - we sometimes need to use personal data that we have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement or credit reference agencies), or that you have provided to us, to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons - for example to trace fraudulent transactions.We may also use your personal data where it is reasonable for us to do so and where there is no disadvantage to you.
- Report browsing information - we will collect information, if available, about your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How do we collect your personal data?
We obtain personal data:
- directly from you, for example when you place an order or sign up for our newsletter;
- by observing how you use our Site, for example from your transactions; or
- from other organisations such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We use CCTV on our premises to ensure the safety and security of our staff and customers. Video footage will be saved in compliance with local legislation, for a maximum of 30 days.
Who do we share your data with?
To fulfil your orders and make the Site available, we may share your personal data with other members of our group of companies. We may also share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers where necessary to make products and services available to you and to promote our products and services to you, such as our suppliers of IT and marketing services.
- Credit reference, fraud prevention, and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary for us to do so to enforce a legal obligation or otherwise where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so for example for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, our customers, or others we may share personal data with law enforcement agencies.
What are your rights?
- Access to your personal data: you may request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent: you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located below if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
- Rectification: you may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us on using the details below and provide the updated information.
- Erasure: you may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
- Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
- Make a complaint: you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, which for Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner, by visiting their website at www.dataprotection.ie.
How long do we store your personal data for?
We only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed in the ‘What Information do we collect and how do we use it?’ section above. We may have to keep some of your information (such as payments information) for longer where this is reasonable necessary or required by law or regulation, for instance, to prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to delivery a better and more personalised service. You can refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. This may, however, mean your are unable to access certain parts of our site.
Gallery 9 is committed to protecting the security of your data. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data and data stored on our Site and associated databases.
We recommends that you take measures to better protect the information you provide online. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset. A strong password should not include easily obtainable personal data, should be at least 8 characters in length, and should be a combination of letters and numbers.
All online purchases made through our Site take place safely, using the latest internet security technology to protect our customers. When we transmit sensitive information such as your credit card number and address details over the Internet, we protect it through our secure payments platform, PayPal.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these website.
We want to personalise your experience with Gallery 9 so that you get the most relevant information about our products and services, at the right time. The most effective way of doing this is for Gallery 9 to create a profile of you for marketing purposes, so that we can only recommend you the products we think you are going to like.
We will build your profile based on information you give us and we may supplement this information with marketing insight from third party companies and information in the public domain. We also use services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience and Google’s Customer Match.
You don’t have to give Gallery 9 any of the following information but without it we cannot tailor our marketing to suit you and we may not be able to fulfil your order if you buy online.
When you sign up to receive our emails…
Gallery 9 will remember your name and e-mail address. If you tell us exactly what you’re interested in when you sign up, Gallery 9 can make sure we only send you information about the products we know you want to hear about.
When you go on our Site…
Gallery 9 may analyse how you use our Site by recording your mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms (not including bank details or any sensitive personal data). Gallery 9 uses this information to improve our Site usability and may use your activity on our Site to personalise marketing to you when you visit other websites.
When you make a purchase from us online or in store…
Gallery 9 will remember your date of birth, gender and purchase history so we can make sure you’re the first to find out about products people like you are buying, and products that will complement the ones you have already bought from us.
If you don’t complete your purchase, Gallery 9 will keep track of what you put in your shopping bag for when you return to our Site, and may remind you of what is in your shopping bag via email or banners on other websites.
When you link with us on social media…
Gallery 9 may use the information you have publicly shared on social media to make sure you only get product recommendations from us that are suited to you. If you give us information about your friends (which you should only do with their permission), Gallery 9 may recommend suitable products to them.
If you submit user generated content through our social media channels, we may use your username or email address to communicate with you, in addition to using your photo. We may also use your IP address and geolocation to filter content by region, country or other local area. Such data is only used with your consent.
You can unsubscribe from Gallery 9's marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 7 days for any changes to take effect.
How to Contact Us